Friday, July 17, 2009

Full Embodiment


Last weekend I had an incredible time at Kripalu, attending one of Shiva Rea's teaching modules, Mandala of Asanas. I love this style of yoga's focus on embodiment - fully coming to explore our physical form as an expression of the radiance we carry deep within us. When that power comes to the surface and we consciously infuse our every cell with expressions of love and divinity, then our entire being becomes an integrated resonating instrument of Mystery. So incredible!

Above is a photo of the very large Shiva Nataraj statue that's in the main hall where we practiced. At the end of the post is a photo of the labyrinth entrance on the grounds of Kripalu - far above is a waning moon still visible in the early morning hours. The labyrinth's "walls" were made of wild flowers, stones and sculpted juniper. It was a beautiful and powerful place to walk in the morning and sing the Gayatri Mantra as the sun shone through the trees. Maha gratitude to all beings who helped to get me there and guided me through the practices - humans (living and not), Fae, Mysterious Ones, Animal peeps, etc.

I'm shortly (as in about 10 minutes) leaving to help co-lead a retreat at Seven Oaks Pathwork center in Virignia.

More on that to come...and remember, our bodies are the spell.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you. Lovely.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

This is Rong. I found you! :)

gypsy-heart said...

I enjoyed catching up on your posts..though suddenly, I found myself very hungry. hee,hee

I just started my yoga practice and meditation again. I was amazed at how my energies changed from one practice. I had forgotten how "divine" it is, and this reminder was so needed now.

Thank you for sharing your world.

Good energies and peace of heart to you,

~gypsy-heart